Dr. S. Krishna Prasad
• Variety of tools such as variable temperature polarizing optical microscopy, standard & modulated differential scanning calorimetry, dielectric spectroscopy and Xray structure for characterizing soft matter including nano-soft composites, liquid crystals, polymers and gels
• Lab-level LCD fabrication and characterization of dielectric as well as ferroelectric systems
• Photoluminescence and photonics: Molecular & self-assembled systems, and quantum dots
• Rheology : steady state and oscillatory aspects in the linear and non-linear regimes
• Photo-thermal actuation aiming towards soft robotics
• Proficiency in conducting highly focussed outreach programmes
• Holds several patents on areas related to above mentioned topics
• Joint principal investigator in an ongoing CeNS-Industry project.
For details on his research interests and activities: this webpage.