Professor Ashutosh Sharma
Memberof the CeNS Governing Council
Secretary to the Government of India
Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhavan,New Mehrauli Road
New Delhi – 110 016
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1987 M.S., Chemical Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, 1984. B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, IIT Kanpur, 1982. Research Scientist, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1987- 1990.
- Soft nanofabrication
- Mechanics, patterns and instabilities of soft visco-elastic interfaces and ultrathin films
- Self-organized meso-patterning of polymers, carbon, ceramics and hydrogels
- Functional and nano-materials: adhesive, catalytic, optical, super-wetting and nano-composites
- Multiscale MEMS/NEMS & microfluidic systems: materials and platforms
- Soft interfaces: Wetting, adhesion and friction
- Carbon micro/nanostructures & composites: fabrication and applications in environment, health and energy; bio-platforms; electrochemical systems
- Interfacial and colloidal interactions
- Infosys Prize in Engineering and Computer Science, Infosys Science Foundation (2010).
- Elected Fellow, TWAS--The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World (2010).
- The TWAS Prize in Engineering Sciences, TWAS, The Academy of Sciences for the Developing World, Trieste, Italy (2008).
- Distinguished Alumnus Award, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2007)
- Institute Chair Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2007-date)
- Elected Fellow, Indian National Science Academy (or http://insaindia.org/detail.php?id=P04-1375 )
- Elected Fellow, Indian National Academy of Engineering
- Elected Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences
- Elected Fellow, National Academy of Sciences, India
- Shanti SwarupBhatnagar Prize in Engineering Sciences (2002)
- J. C. Bose National Fellowship, Department of Science & Technology (2006-date)
- Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2006)
- Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Micro- and Nano-Manufacturing (2012-2014).
- Member of Editorial Board, Nanomaterials and Energy, ICE publishing (UK) (2011-2013).
- Member of Editorial Board, Chemical Engineering Science (2007-2010)
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board, Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering (2006-2007)
- Member of Editorial Board, Indian Chemical Engineer (Journal of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers; 2006-)
- Member of Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Colloid and Interface Science (2000-2002)
- Herdillia Award of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers for excellence in basic research (2003)